5 Things You Didn’t Know About Chanel
Posted on April 29 2019
Since the beginning of Michael's Consignment, we have taken the best brands and labels of the time. We have always sold Chanel for years because Coco Chanel created her brand with longevity and timeless designs. Today on the blog, we are going to share 5 things you may not have known about Gabrielle Chanel or her iconic brand.
- Coco learned to sew, embroider, and iron when she was put into an orphanage after her mother’s death. She remained there until the age of 18. Her upbringing was humbling but she learned great skills to start her career in design.
- Gabrielle Coco Chanel was a music hall performer in the early 1900s This is how Chanel made money before she opened her own store.
- She opened her store on 31 Rue Cambon in 1918.
- The Iconic Chanel No.5 fragrance was created in 1921. Chanel created this fragrance while thinking that women should ‘smell like women and not like roses.’
- Chanel closed her salon during WWII as she thought it wasn’t a time for fashion. She moved to the Hotel Ritz and did not create during this time.
We carry on the legacy of Chanel by taking not only the new Chanel items but good vintage items as well.
To learn more about Coco Chanel's legacy, you can visit: Coco Chanel Facts